Saturday 10 May 2008

Saturday 10th May

Today started out like every other saturday.
Woke up at 8, got ready for 9.
Went to shop at 9:20.
Went for the 118 bus into town at 9:40.

My bus came at 9:46, as usual, i got on the bus, and got to the end of faifley ( my part of Clydebank ) and realised i had the wrong trainers on...

I was wearing my Adidas Goodyear`s.

I got off the bus and walked all the way back home, changed my shoes, and i was out again waiting on the bus.

This second bus came at around 10:14, it was a roasting hot bus with no legroom - great.

I was listening to music on my phone when all of a sudden it got quiet as it had been doing for a while, so i done what i usually do and turn it off, and then back on. But this time it never turned on, it just flashed black and white...

Great start to the day.
^ My beautifully broken phone.

So without any music i began to think about why i do parkour, and why it is so appealing to me personally, and where i see myself and parkour in 5 years.

I was thinking for a long time about why i train so hard and put myself through so much for my parkour, and it suddenly dawned on me...

I get a sense of freedom and all round amazing feeling from doing parkour.
Parkour is something that seperates me from the rest of the everyday people you see walking down the street.
I cannot look at anything without thinking about parkour, without mentally going across a movement in my mind and visualising it till i can imagine myself doing it right at that moment..

Parkour takes over your life.
For the better.
It changes your entire view on the whole world and this is why i do parkour.

Because the freedom and the benefits that come are second to none.

At 11:00am i got into Buchanan Bus Station, and walked the 5 minute walk to Rottenrow, where i met some of the regualars.

I warmed up and trained some light stuff like precisions and climb ups and the odd muscle up here and there.

1:00 came and i was fully warmed up and training what i set out to do.

I went around with a few guys including Kx and Bj to a few spots around town.
On the way back to rottenrow we met Zeno in his car as he was on his way to glasgow uni, and he asked if we were all going along.
We decided to go and Kx and 3 others went into Zeno`s car to go to Glasgow uni, while i went up with Bj in his car.

Arriving at Glasgow uni we met the rest of the guys at the adam smith and trained there for a bit.
After around 1 hour the others left and it was just me, bj and zeno left.

We went around the uni training for another hour and finally left at around 4:30.

All in it was a good training day with myself mainly focusing on light stuff and thinking about the mental aspects of parkour, which i hope to do more frequently in the future.

Ian.

1 comment:

TraceurZeno said...

Cool title pic Ian. That must have been a while ago, as there was water in that fountain.

Hope your back is getting better.

Zeno