Saturday 12 January 2008

A Year Down The Line ...

Well , i`ve almost been doing Parkour for a year now , and what a year it`s been.



It started of as something i did because my friends were doing it and it looked cool on Youtube , and now , a year down the line , i cannot imagine myself ever not doing Parkour.

I would have never imagined myself a year and a half ago , sitting in a car or bus , staring out the window for possible spots and getting up at 6 am to get the 118 bus to buchanan street station to then head to Rottenrow to train with Gpk , and that amazing feeling i now get from training in minus degrees conditions and trying to do perfect muscle up in the pissing rain , with hailsones flying at me.

That long ago i would have considered this mad , and maybe now , on occasion , i still do.

In July of 2007 , i joined the Glasgow Parkour forum and it was by far , one of the best decisions i have ever made, without their great community and supportive advice , i would still be running about like a twat , saying to people i was doing Parkour , when really i was just jumping around.

So to the Glasgow Parkour community , i thank each and every Traceur that has helped me or gave me advice through my journey, without them , i probably would not still be doing Parkour.

So now , a year on , and i believe i have a good understanding of Parkour , and something to continue for , from here on the only way is up.

I must give a special thanks to these few people , who i feel deserve a real thank you , for helping me and giving me that extra bit of motivation i needed , so in no particular order...

Thank you for everything you have helped me with....

Traceur Ross Short
Traceur Rhys McAllister
Traceur Zeno
Traceur Jamie Young
and
Traceur John Doyle.

Ian .


1 comment:

TraceurZeno said...

Good to hear a year on, and you feel more passionate than ever about Parkour.

With this kind of attitude Ian, you can only go from strength to strength.

Cheers

Zeno